Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Internet Explorer on Maxidas DS 708 is p...
Internet Explorer on Maxidas DS 708 is painfully S L O W

4206 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2014-05-08 02:51:31

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    letmeno
    2013-02-21 10:09:08
    Hello all, Just purchased a Maxidas and so far vehicle coverage has been great except some Chryslers not recognizing the PCM. But my real problem is the Internet Explorer is just TOOOOOO slow to be usable. It just hangs there. Is there any fix for this? It would really be helpful to be able to do a quick google search for diag info. thanks

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-02-26 03:52:24

Hmmmm, dear sir, are you sure it is not the internet linkage speed problem? Try the cable connection and it will be much faster.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    prmayner

2013-03-01 21:24:16

I have had my 708 since aug 2012 and i must say it's a far far cry from the red brick. So far i love it with the only complaints being the same as yours. I have trouble recognizing most chryslers and some gm's and i thought that's why i bought the chrysler adapter? anyway i can still do bi directionals and the graph function is nice, It's funny the best functionality has come from the fords don't ask me why, it seems the 708 has no problem communication with them. Now on to the Internet, my connection via wi-fi is almost non existent about the only site i can get to is Autel's and that takes 30 minutes then another 30 minutes between clicks on the page, It's been basically useless to me. Now for updating i take it inside and hook it (wired) directly to my router and i get pretty fast updates that way otherwise it takes forever. I'm hoping there will be some kind of fix cause i would sure love to use the internet also, I guess i should just be glad i get the updates. I have mine set up for all the american and foreign cars and trucks and just a couple europeans as i don't work on to many euro's. and my 4gig card is about a little over half full. I'm waiting on a 32 gig card to arrive and try it, I'll post back what happens. Until then happy scanning man. Reply to 1 floor:

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    sandt38

2013-03-02 09:48:41

IE is painfully slow, however I suggest using a laptop or shop machine to access the internet. Why risk getting a virus or trojan on your machine? It is a scan tool, I suggest treating it as such. I have a SO Verus which offers great internet access, but I never use it for browsing.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-03-13 03:10:52

we will try to boost the internet connection speed in the future.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    syuk28477

2014-04-27 14:16:24 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I have had the 708 about 1 month, I'm also having same internet connection problems when connection via wifi or using cable lead. Surely they has to be a update to sort this problem?

•   Level 3   
    (72) points
    jesse2959

2014-04-27 20:02:37

the problem i think is with the internet explorer version, its way out of date, and does not seem to load any webpage with java or higher then basic html webpages, but other then that i think the tool is great as a whole, maybe they could update the IE version

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-05-08 02:51:31 (Reply to:jesse2959)

The main issue is that Microsoft does NOT have a newer version of the IE for this OS (Windows CE) as the support was stopped a while ago.

Total1 Pages